Home About About Blogroll Blogroll Contact Contact

Movie Ticket: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1). ϟ

It may already be obvious that I'm a really big Potterhead. I'm a really big Harry Potter fan. I grew up reading the series and waiting (very impatiently) for the movies to come out. Harry Potter has been a big part of my life, like most Potterheads out there, and it will still be in the future. It's one of those things that will forever live on.


photo credit: thebeautyofsolitude


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
I bought my tickets a week before the premiere. I practically poked my mom until she bought them--it's my poking that did its wonders, really--so I got my golden tickets earlier than everybody else.

No one dressed up in the theatre I went, which was a bit sad.

Review
It was phenomenal. The cinematography, the acting, the set--it was all perfect. The movie was amazing and although it may come out a bit biased considering I'm a big HP fan, but it really was my favorite HP film adaptation so far. I loved how they mostly stuck with the book. There were certain minor changes and additions, I guess it was inevitable, but I'm not one to complain. David Yates did a fantastic job and he certainly did the last book (well, the first part anyway) justice.


photo credit: promentory
I love these two. Ron/Hermione is one of my favorite OTPs and I loved that this movie showed how their friendship slowly blossomed into something more. Look at the way Ron looks at Hermione. I've waited since I was twelve for their kiss to happen. The wait is almost over! Accio 2011!

Rupert's acting was amazing. He could make you cry, laugh and I even got scared of him when the necklace Horcrux was possessing him a bit. He embodied Ron Weasley perfectly in this film.

photo credit: scabior

This was an addition. Though it wasn't in the books, I really liked it. Ron left and Hermione was sad, Harry was there for her, like he always was. As JK said, Ron left and Hermione and Harry shared something intimate, I think it was shown in the scene. I'm not a fan of Harry/Hermione but this made me appreciate their friendship so much. Plus Nick Cave!


photo credit: theatomicboom

I honestly thought I was the only one who thinks Scabior looks attractive. It was all I could think of while watching, how I would love to go with him if he were to snatch me. He's a filthy snatcher alright, but he's a very, very attractive one.
Thank goodness most of my followers from tumblr feel the same.
Same goes to you, young Gellert Grindelwald. (I feel you, Johanna)

photo credit: fizzypop94

I sobbed so much when I read of Dobby's death in the book and it felt even worse to watch this scene, knowing it was coming but you couldn't do anything. I would've done so much to jump on the screen and save him. When they Apparated and Bella's knife was sticking out of his chest, I bawled like a baby. It felt like something inside of me died. This is sounds a bit overdramatic but I really do have an unhealthy relationship with these characters. Goodbye, Dobby. You were a hero.
Goodbye to Moody, Hedwig and to more people who will die in Part II.
I don't think I'm ready for that yet.





photo credit: gryffinjor


I may be suffering from this.

Among other things:
  • Xenophilius Lovegood looked like a drunk!Lucius Malfoy to me.
  • It bothered me that Krum was supposed to be in Fleur's wedding, but he wasn't.
  • Hermione and Ron should've danced as well. :(
  • Harry was supposed to be disguised as a Weasley cousin.
  • When Remus looked at Harry and he was playing with the Snitch, I KNOW that he was thinking of James. *sobs in one corner*
  • They should've included Dudley saying goodbye to Harry, I think it was an important moment for both of them.
  • Chuck Norris' boggart is definitely Neville Longbottom.
  • Dolores Umbridge--ohmygod--I just want her to go away.
  • It bothered me that Peter Pettigrew didn't die. He was supposed to strangle himself in the Malfoy Manor (and I was highly anticipating for that moment since I hate that rat boy with burning passion) but it never happened. He just toppled over. Bit disappointing, really.
  • The Tale of Three Brothers Scene was beautiful.
  • Helena Bonham Carter. I adore her.
The split was good and it was already halfway through the book, I'm thinking the second one is bound to be action-packed with the battle in Hogwarts and all. It's going to be EPIC. Hopefully, they'll do Prince's Tale chapter justice, since in Order of the Phoenix I wanted to tear the director to shreds for ruining Snape's Memory moment. David Yates, please don't disappoint us. :(

When the movie was finished I didn't want to leave my seat, my mom had to (literally) drag me away. I'm guessing she had a hard time to do so, since I was too mesmerized in the moment.




This made me tear up. It made me realize that once Deathly Hallows Part 2 comes out, anticipating over Harry Potter has come to an end. I don't want to think that Harry Potter will ever end, as I'm sure I'd make my kids read and watch it as well. I want them have a magical childhood the way that I did. Harry Potter has been with me all these time and I know that it will still be with me for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sending love ♥ :)