Home About About Blogroll Blogroll Contact Contact

Bayo Internship

Last summer, I was one of the interns in Bayo's first ever internship program. :) (See blog post here) The photos are now up on Bayo's official website! I'm so happy.

Working for Bayo was such an amazing experience and I'm forever thankful that I was a part of it. I'm not a fashion student (though I wish I was) so I don't exactly know how things were done in the industry. I'll admit that I am a fan of fashion; I read magazines, browse style books, read blogs, and make sure my outfits are alright whenever I go somewhere. Being able to see how things were done in the industry made me interested in learning more about fashion.













(image credit: Bayo) | More photos here :)



Our assignments on the first week were fun. We were briefed on merchandising; from brainstorming, designing, choosing color schemes, fabric pieces, etc. Clar and I helped out in picking fabrics for the next collection (so. many. fabrics. so. many. pieces. to. choose. from. It was a bit overwhelming) and we also looked for fashion concepts and inspiration for our Mood Board, which we presented on our "Graduation Day".




We also assisted in a photoshoot, which was my most favorite assignment. Clar, my Bayo partner-in-crime, and I styled some outfits out of some pieces from the next collection. The following week, we were assigned in different Bayo branches. I was one of the assistants in Shangri-la. We dressed up mannequins, assisted customers, and learned about visual merchandising.

It was such a fun experiene, and I'm so glad to have met so many wonderful people. Until next time, Bayo! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sending love ♥ :)