Home About About Blogroll Blogroll Contact Contact

the stars will whisper


Photo by: Jash Manuel
red mori jacket: from Chai, white top, floral skirt, purple tights, black&white booties with ribbon, stag necklace (James Potter)
"The earth is speaking to us, but we can't hear because of all the rackets our senses are making. Sometimes we need to erase them, to erase our senses. Then--maybe--the earth will touch us. The universe will speak. The stars will whisper."
-StargirlJerry Spinelli
Goodbye, August. You were wonderful. I couldn't quite remember most of the plans I've had with you, since my planner (as well as my blog) was terribly neglected for the month. Nevertheless, I remain grateful, as a lot has happened since you were gone.

1. Fall

Though Spring would always be my most favorite time of the year (all the blooming flowers and bright greens, my heart has a special place for fall. Fall is filled with days wherein we have excuses to do nothing but eat, and bake, and read, and count every leaf that falls, make wishes before each of them hits the ground, and take long walks, write about these walks, and so on. Of course, I would probably spend most of the next months in my room, reading, writing, working on getting myself back on my feet, and finishing up organizing my room, but more on that later.

2. Discovering the beautiful Julianna Daily

I've taken up an obsession over searching cover artists on youtube. My younger brother finds it rather odd that I have at least seven versions of a song on my iTunes. To me, though, a song could mean different things to different people, which is why I like listening to these different versions from artists with different stories. I have tried explaining this to my younger brother, and he still didn't understand.
Julianna Daily has an enchanting voice which would leave you breathless and captivated by every note. The moment I heard her take on Calgary, I was blown away, and she immediately made it into my list of favorite singers (along Alana Goldmann, Birdy, and Florence Welch).  

3. Cutting my hair

This was a decision made at the spur of the moment; I was only supposed to have the curls at end trimmed (I cut them with kitchen shears one time), as they already seemed dry. However, when I went in the salon, I had a wave of impulse splash unto me, and I told my hair stylist, Aljheal, that I needed a huge change. A few moments later, a couple of inches were cut off, and I felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I wished that second was fleeting. My long hair was gone for the first time in years, and I was happy when I walked out of the salon, feeling like I have a different outlook on everything.

4. Discovering the existence of apple pie with raisins

Don't ask, but I can't fathom anyone who likes raisins. Who likes raisins? Who??

5. The emotional rollerocaster I'm on which is Naruto

I can't even talk about the recent manga chapters without having a lot of feelings.

6. DOCTOR WHO

We're two episodes in, with what I could already tell, yet another spectacular season. My heart is still not ready to say goodbye to my beloved Ponds, though. (Also, feelings.)

7. And, finally, moving into a different home.

I may have tweeted about recently finding love for home interior designs and this is why. My mom and I are working on a big project: our new home! Pancakes is rather thrilled about this too; she has more space to run and roll around in. I have plenty of ideas for my room (exciting!) and the kitchen, which is going to be my personal haven and training ground for my (currently on level one) baking skills.

I still haven't finished unpacking (there are so many things to go through), but I can't stress enough how grateful I am that everything seems to be falling into place for the last couple of weeks. The past years, although they have promising and bearable days, have been a bit dreadful. Though I know that things may not get easier than they are now in a quick snap of fingers, I now feel a ray of hope that someday, they will be. With the help of authors and artists (who do not know my name), good friends (whom I'm eternally grateful for to have), a loving mother, and my dog Pancakes (who only needs to roll around and make me laugh), I have the strength to get my life back on track. It may have been there all along. This would take time, I think it would, but at least I have comfort in the fact that I'm getting there, even in tiny steps.

And there you have it. This has turned out so long; I must've missed writing terribly. Nevertheless, I hope you are having a lovely September so far, as I am, and that we all have great days to come. :)

Lots of love,
Cariza

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Such a carefree woman with a high spirited soul:)
    riza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that is so sweet of you to say! :")

      Delete
  2. Amazing blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring
    writers? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost
    on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform
    like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are
    so many options out there that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any tips? Thanks a lot!
    Take a look at my homepage ... Ayurveda Hair Loss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sending love ♥ :)